11.03.2012

book updates...

We are in the final countdown over here and have enjoyed a week off of school to check some of those pesky last minute to-dos off of our never ending list.  But, I have also taken some time to relax and enjoy some reading.  I am trying to include a healthy mix of books, some teaching me how to raise this human inside of me and also  some that are literature from my book club and reads just for fun.  

Our book club decided to dive into the classics this round and instead of all of us reading the same book, we each get to choose one to read and then we will discuss them when we next get together.  I am a HUGE fan of this plan and decided to read more of a current classic...


I just finished and am a big fan!  From the author's personal story to the lovable main character, this book is a must read.  It is not as daunting or confusing as some other classics can be and really has a simple message for everyone to find their life's dream and follow it.  There are other hidden messages and themes, but I will leave those to your interpretation once you pick it up and read it for yourself!

This is another one I read for fun recently and I picked it up because of all the buzz around it.  

  

Also, if you have not read this book, you need to pick it up immediately!  I don't normally read nonfiction, but this book had me from Page #1 and I was completely fascinated with the story.   


In the genre of raising a human, these are my go-tos right now.  I definitely have to read them in shifts as some of the information has proven to be way too overwhelming if I let it.  




Here's hoping that my love and time for reading doesn't cease once our little one is born.  Reading will forever be a past time that I strive to have time for and pass on to our little man.  Only two more weeks!   

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Your love for reading will never cease, in fact I think you'll give the gift of reading to little Gizmo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed The Alchemist too! And I've heard great things about Gone Girl.

    ReplyDelete