8.05.2012

showering, more like spoiling...

While we were in Minnesota, my friends and family decided to take advantage and throw me a couple baby showers.  I jumped on the opportunity to hang out with more family and friends (and a chance to get spoiled a little bit)!

The first shower was thrown by my mother in Detroit Lakes at a local restaurant/bar near Lake Eunice, Pit 611.  It was a great spot and we were perched on their outdoor enclosed patio with a cool breeze blowing through.  The guests ranged from lake friends to family to high school buddies.  It was a great mix of women who already love our little boy and made me laugh the entire time!


They definitely spoiled us rotten...


After that wonderful event, I couldn't believe that I was lucky enough to look forward to another one in Minneapolis.  This was was thrown by my sister-in-law, Martha, with the help of other family members Nancy (Andy's grandma), Anne (Andy's aunt), and Deb.  

From the minute I walked in, I was in love with all of the decorations and attention to details.  


Once the guests starting showing up, I never wanted the event to end.  From my dear college friends to family members from Andy's and my side, many females that are important to me from all different parts of my life were in attendance.  



I feel so lucky to have so many people that want to welcome me into the club of "motherhood".  There are so many things that I don't know, but am learning from the amazing women that surround me both in Minnesota and Colorado.  The ritual of a baby shower is a little thing that every woman looks forward to and I am no different.  Both of these showers were beyond my expectations and left me feeling incredibly loved.  Not only am I supported and loved, but our little boy is so lucky to have all of these amazing women in his life looking out for him.  


Do you want to know the great part?  We have one more round of baby shower fun coming up in Denver...this time it will be couple style, so Andy will get to partake!

No comments:

Post a Comment