8.22.2012

boot camp: daddy style...


Andy has been really involved in every aspect of this pregnancy. He has read books, been to appointments, worked on the nursery, and acts as a photographer each week when I have the new fruit to show off our baby boy's size.

He knew from the beginning that he wanted to take a new dad class in order to feel more prepared about what to expect. He lucked out that so many of our friends are going through the same journey and didn't have to take the class on his own! He signed up for Boot Camp for New Dads with two fellow new dads by his side (one just as excited as Andy and one who was sort of forced into signing up by his mother-in-law) and the rest is history...

The night came for the daddies to get their learning on. I was feeling super jealous and wished I could be a fly on the wall to view their experience. During the class, I got numerous text updates, many of which made me laugh out loud. What a relief that it was going so well!

By the end of class, they had gained a wealth of knowledge about what is to come and a book to read up on more helpful information. Andy made a crying baby fall asleep and him and Jeremy were asked to come back and teach the class once their babies are born!

I have been bragging about this class to anyone who will listen! I feel so proud of my partner in this journey and somehow I know that together we will be able to navigate through all of the unknown that is in front of us. This reassuring thought is a little thing that I can come back to as we enter into the last trimester of pregnancy. Whenever I get scared or stressed, I can find solace in my teammate's success at daddy boot camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment