8.22.2012

preseason BRONCS!...

This past weekend was our first game as season ticket holders for the Denver Broncos. We were super excited and took the experience very seriously...

The first decision we made was to take the light rail from our house to the stadium. We both love public transportation and are kind of geeky about it (I desperately wanted to take pictures, but refrained for Andy's sake).

We bought some snacks on the long walk in and soaked up everything along the way.


Our first stop upon entering the stadium was the team store. We both REALLY wanted to buy some new Broncs gear, but were disappointed when we left empty handed.

We continued on, our new goal being to scope out the food situation. With plenty of options to choose from, we changed gears and made a stop at a gear shop where I scored a hoodie that fits over my growing belly!

I was out of breath by the time we got to our seats from all of the walking and climbing of the stairs. But as we settled in, I couldn't wait to open the Gameday program and check out our friend Lori's hard work. Here's a snapshot of her debut program!

{Note her name as the designer}

Sitting in my proud state, I continued to take in our surroundings when I was rudely interrupted by an uncomfortable feeling in my nose. I looked at Andy and our conversation went something like this...

Me: "I think my nose is bleeding." (as I touch my nose)
Andy: "I know. They aren't the greatest seats, but it's our first year. Each year we will get a little closer and..."
Me: "No. I really have a nose bleed."

We had a good laugh about the irony of the conversation and moved on with our NLF season ticket holder experience.


At half time, we decided to meet up with some friends who were also at the game. To be honest, this was way more my style, especially since the game wasn't too exciting and the Broncos were losing.

On our way out, we decided to use another form of transportation. Every time we pass this trolley at REI, I have wanted to take a ride and tonight was my lucky night! I think Mike is just as excited as I am!


Overall, our first game of the season was a huge success and we can't wait to do it again this weekend. We definitely learned some little things in this first experience that we will remember for future Brinco football excursions...

1) Bring in your own food. Even though there are tons of choices, each one we tried was no good.

2) Public transportation is the way to go!

3) Pack tissues for potential nose bleeds!

4) When taking pictures, make sure the field is in the background instead of the random people sitting behind you.

5) ALWAYS wear your Broncos gear and it is even a good idea to pack layers for when it cools down in the evening.




1 comment:

  1. BRONCS!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Cheers to many more BRONCS! memories!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete