2.03.2012

not just a co-ed softball team...

Andy and I have become pretty fond of our softball team.  We started the team when we barely had enough friends in Denver to field a team, but had the desire to get out and be active in the summer (oh, and drink beer)!  We were terrible for more than a few years, but had really cool jerseys (and a cool name, Fur Traders).  Members have come and gone and come back again.  

Although our team has gone through many transformations, I think we finally have THE team.  Some of you may be wondering what I mean by THE team or that it's just co-ed softball, but it has become way more than that for me, so let me explain.  

-I look forward to every Wednesday night in the summer and fall when I get to see all of their shining faces.  

-For many of them, it is the only time that we get to hang out with them.     

-We are actually pretty good and have won two championships.

-What's even better is that winning isn't the best part.

-We are all able to laugh at each other.  

-We are there for each other through big and small events.  

-PIPER INN!!

There are so many more reasons, but I know that some of my team is vomiting right now as they read this, so I am going to stop.  Recently, Andy and I started going through a little withdrawal without our weekly meet ups, so we called for a reunion.  Fortunately, almost everyone from our team was able to make it. 

 We met up for some pregame action at Tailgate Roadhouse and were able to celebrate two engagements!  After some libations and snacks, we made our way to the Pepsi Center for some professional lacrosse action, the Colorado Mammoth.  The game was a blast, but more than that the company was top notch.  After nearly blowing out our eardrums from all of the commotion in the arena, we took the party downstairs to Blue Sky Grill, where we continued the party.  Here are some of the pictures from the evening.     



This group is a fabulous mix of people that I feel lucky enough to know.  The little thing that I realized this fun evening was that our softball team is not just a softball team to us anymore, but it is like a family.  Thank you Traders for being you and I can't wait until our next reunion before our season starts next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment