7.21.2012

farm time...

Part of our Minnesota adventure included some time where I grew up, Frazee, MN.  We absolutely LOVE spending time at the farm and this time was no different, except that there wasn't much I could do for activities besides capture some of my favorite shots.  




  Andy, on the other hand, was able to add more farm trades to his list including learning how to lasso, bail/haul hay, and fix the tractor.  



We also got to enjoy a bonfire one night.  


We were even able to meet up with our friend, Wally, for some Zorbaz action.  Best.Food.Ever.


For our last night in this neck of the woods, we decided we needed to do something special.  So, we headed to one of our favorite restaurants in the area, Spanky's.  When I first heard of this place, I thought it sounded like a bar where we would play darts, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is a beautiful fine dining restaurant with tons of charm!


We even did a little site seeing on the way home.  


We enjoyed every minute at the farm and truly value the time we get to spend with my mom and Howie.  Plus, it is really fun to think about baby boy Groettum getting to experience the farm some day.  Will he hate the smell?  Will he enjoy all of the open space?  Will he like the horses and ride like his mother?  

I love wondering what he will be like once he joins us and I can exhaust myself with thinking about so many questions.  What I know for sure is that he will always be loved by his grandparents in the country and that is no little thing.  




No comments:

Post a Comment