12.20.2011

home for the holidays...

There is nothing better than the holidays and spending it with the people you love.  It is an extra bonus when you can enjoy your home town and the great outdoors!  That is exactly what we did over our time off over the holidays...



We decided to drive, which we were excited about because we have a new car!  Sirius, extra room for Chewy and all our stuff, an amazing audio book, and a comfortable ride was all we needed to get started on our road adventure.  We were delayed by a day due to some weather in Denver, but were able to leave with no problems the next day.  We drove straight through (over 15 hours) and arrived in time for yummy comfort food, good conversation, and of course a glass of wine!

To say that our time in my home town, Frazee, MN, was relaxing is an understatement.  Every morning, we woke up in a dark, cozy, chilly room and made our way upstairs to join the living.  Most days we stayed in our pajamas until lunch just chilling with the dogs, my mom, and Howie.  When we felt ready, we dressed in our warmest gear and ventured outside. 


Andy enjoyed driving the bobcat, feeding the cows, using a chain saw, and generally playing the role of a farmer. I rode horse every other day, went four-wheeling, and took in the fresh, farm air.  Many of you may be thinking, "Fresh and farm don't usually go together," but I beg to differ!  After growing up on a farm, I find myself missing that smell of leather, hay, cow manure, crisp air, and gasoline mixed together. 









That farm fresh air is the little thing that I will remember about my winter break vacation in my home town.  Whenever I get sad and miss my family, I will close my eyes and bring that scent to my nose for a reminder that the farm still holds my heart.  


3 comments:

  1. Love the theme, love the pictures, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too! Makes me want to go visit Frazee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Christmas to Remember! Howie and I enjoyed your visit so much. It really is the "little things". Thanks for the Memories!

    ReplyDelete