5.29.2012

shout out to all the mommas...

Andy and I have made a fabulous life out in Denver.  It has not been an easy journey, but what kind of journey is easy?!  We have jobs that we both love, we have a beautiful house, we have tons of recreation opportunities at our fingertips, and, best of all, we have made some great friends that have become like family.  


Since we started this journey, there have been many that came before us.  I am super blessed to be surrounded by amazing females who are also pregnant and most live in Denver.  It is insane, actually!  It's like we all made a pregnancy pact or something (I promise that we didn't)!  


When I stop and think about it, I always smile and here's why...  


Pregnancy is kind of scary, at least for me.  Don't get me wrong, it is exciting, but there are some weird things that happen and Google has definitely become my best friend.  But, how cool is it that I have all of these great women that I trust to call on?!  They are WAY better than Google and always tell it like it is and make me feel at ease.  I am so thankful that I get to go through this with so many other women that I admire.  


The great thing is, I feel like they are all my guardian angels.  They are going through everything ahead of me, so I get to reap from their experience and knowledge.  They get to pave the way and I get to follow.  


After our experience last fall and winter, I have come to terms that this is the time that I was meant to be pregnant.  I wasn't meant to lead the way.  The universe knew that I would need support around me to make it through this journey.  


Here is a look at the beautiful ladies that I am privileged to go through this journey with in order of their due dates...


Hayley Schneider - June 21st




Dana Tucker - August 7th



Martha Krueger - August 17th



Heather Vanderwal - September 3rd



Libby Bishop - September 22nd




Lori Nelson - November 18th




The other thing that is amazing about this experience is that we will always have this support around us.  It doesn't end after the pregnancy.  We will always have these amazing couples around us to go through parenthood with.  We will be VERY busy with birthday parties and our children will grow up together.  So, that means that the support that we feel will also transfer to them.  They are being born into an instant support network.  


I get goosebumps each time I think about this and even as I write these words.


It's no little thing to go through pregnancy and begin the journey of parenthood.  It does make it so much better to go through it with these amazing women by my side to ask questions of, calm my nerves, make sure things are normal, laugh about the crazy things that happen to your body, and think forward to the future together.


Thank you ladies for being my guardian angels as we embark on this journey together!  You all mean the world to me and more!  

2 comments:

  1. this is precisely what i hope for when that time comes. what an INCREDIBLE network of support your family is a part of, including your little one. amazing. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love being a part of your network of preggo ladies! And am so thankful you're in mine!

    ReplyDelete