3.16.2012

snowshoeing take #2...

This past weekend we had the pleasure of joining our good friends in the mountains at their new house.  The overnight was a two-fold event, one was to hang out with our friends who both of our busy schedules have gotten in the way of hanging out and, two was to give snowshoeing another try.  


Friday night was perfect with good food, lots of laughs, board games, and reminiscing.  We all got to bed relatively early and woke up ready for adventure on Saturday.  After a fabulous breakfast, coffee, and getting the skiiers out of our hair, Hayley, Andy, and I headed out on the trail.  And by trail, I mean we headed out in their backyard, which is on Buffalo Mountain off of Wildernest Road in Silverthorne.  We were able to hook up with the Salt Lick Trail and headed into the wilderness.  


It was BEAUTIFUL!  In ever direction there were daunting peaks to look at, forests of trees, and the sun was shining down on us.  It was a very hot day...so much so that none of us were wearing jackets or gloves and the snow was melting by the time it hit afternoon and we were on our way back to the house.  


The day was filled with awesome conversation and good people.  I am a HUGE fan of snowshoeing!  Not only did we not see one person until we were on our way back, but we also didn't have to spend any money, fight a crowded parking lot, worry about finding each other, or get in a car.  


The little thing is that some people think snowshoeing is dorky or for old people.  Some people even think it is not very hard and not as exciting as other winter sports.  But, for me it is a way for me to gain clarity in my busy, stressful life.  It is a way for me to get in touch with nature and center myself.  Right now, it is my sanity and I adore my new hobby, no matter what anyone says to knock it down!



No comments:

Post a Comment